Saturday, April 7, 2012

Been awhile...

Over a year actually...and there have been lots of adventures that I have not filled you in on. Obviously I was in Australia, but never said much about it once I arrived...
It was definitely an awesome experience. Looking back now, it's very clear that I took the whole "lost on purpose" motto and ran with it! I wasn't sure what to expect and I didn't have much of a plan for my time there....so I did have some challenges, but in the end I grew heaps from the whole trip and had an AMAZING time!

The first highlight of the trip was the Great Ocean Road. D, Jay, and I got a car, and headed south. It was a little cold but so worth it! The pictures don't do it justice, but there were amazing views and lots of wildlife. Perfect little holiday away. :)





After that, I got a job at a restaurant, The Wharf Hotel. Met some really nice people, and made a whole bunch of new friends. I also worked a weekend at the MMI Melbourne, and everyone there was so great as well.
And I am soo grateful to those who let me stay with them and even offered a bed or a couch. So appreciated, and very needed at times. So happy to have met such amazing people. And D and Jay, love you guys for letting me be the third wheel!

When I wasn't working I just ventured around Melbourne and St. Kilda. Loved St. Kilda beach and it's definitely one of my favourite places. Became a daily occurrence walking down there and soaking in the sun!


I also went to the outback on an 8 day excursion. Started in the desert , in Alice Springs, and made our way down the middle of Australia to Adelaide. Unbelievable! I had THE best time, and everyone I met was such fun. We all got along great, which is sort of rare on trips like those. But we all bonded quickly and it made for a great trip. The only downside, if you can even call it that, was the heat. It was hot. Really hot. Couldn't even get cold water from the tap or do some of the activities because the heat was so strong. I guess that's what I get for going in the middle of summer! But I had such a great time, that I didn't even care too much...





No comments:

Post a Comment