Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A whole week to myself? AWESOME!

While Kelly was in GBS, I had a whole week to myself...and I loved it! At first I wasn't sure what to do. I mean, Kel and I have been doing everything together this whole time and she was going to be gone ALL day. It was strange to be alone again. I didn't know exactly what to do.

So, the first day I didn't do too much. I walked down to the course to see some Peak's peeps, which is always awesome!!, and then hung out all day checking out all the hotels of interest. Dad was staying at the Hilton, the course was at the Marriot and we were staying at the Radisson. This came in handy because the next day I layed by the pool all day. And the Marriot, as I scouted the day before, had the best pool and deck! lol. I did nothing but soak in the sun and enjoy the California heat!

The next day I figured I had to be more productive. I went and checked out Manhattan Beach. I heard this is where the celebrities are sometimes spotted so I figured I would check it out and see if I saw any. I didn't, unfortunately. I was hoping for a shirtless Zac Efron, but no luck! But the beach is amazing! Definitely one of my favourites so far. The best part was the hot surfers!! I'd go back just for that! lol. After my eye candy, I headed to the Getty Museum. Amazing! It's up in the Hollywood Hills and it looks over Los Angeles. Amazing view. There's also a great collection of classic painters. I saw some Cezanne, Renoir and a Van Gogh. Great place to visit if ever in the area. Lots of great historical painters. That day was fun and longggg. Longer that night when I went out for drinks with Kel and our Peak's friends. Needless to say I didn't get to bed till about 3:30. And well, the next day I slept, ALL day! But it wasn't a waste because it was overcast anyways.

And of course the last night of the seminar, there's always a big party. So we partied. Sort of. lol. Still tired from the night before we just hung out awhile. Said goodbye to our Peaks family, and got walked home by Levi, Mike and Rick. An early night followed by an early morning.

We all went to Agape in the a.m.. Minus Levi, plus Dad and Mike and Rick's Mom, MaryAnne. Some people call it a church but it's way better!!! And definitely not like any church I've been to. I enjoyed it!! Mostly because Lisa Nichols was there. Michael Beckwith was away. It would have been cool to meet him, but Lisa was just as good! If you don't know any of these people I'm talking about, just google it. lol. I also suggest anyone interested to go to Agape. It's pretty powerful and very insightful. And if you don't like church or don't attend church (like me), believe me you'll like this!

After our morning at Agape we packed up the car, picked up Levi and headed to Marina Del Rey. We're currently here enjoying the beautiful sunshine and awesome view! Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment